– Spotify Technology on Tuesday plans to announce local language adaptations of a popular scripted podcast as part of the Swedish music streaming company’s strategy to appeal to a wider global audience. The first show, available globally on July 7, will be Sandra, a scripted podcast released in 2018 by Gimlet, later bought by Spotify, and will be released in France, Germany, Mexico and Brazil. The new format is far more ambitions than translating shows…"Sara, Sonia, Sofia: Spotify plans local versions of hit podcast ‘Sandra’"
– Podcasts featuring Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman will soon stream on Spotify as the Swedish music streaming company has signed a deal with AT&T Inc’s Warner Bros and DC Entertainment. Warner and DC will produce and distribute an original slate of narrative scripted podcasts exclusively for the streaming service, Spotify Technology SA said in a statement Financial terms of the deal were not disclosed. Spotify’s shares rose 5% on the news. Spotify, whose paid…"DC superheroes coming to your headphones as Spotify signs podcast deal"
– Reality TV star Kim Kardashian West reached a deal with Spotify Technology SA for a podcast about her work with the Innocence Project, the Wall Street Journal reported on Wednesday, citing people familiar with the matter. Kardashian West and television producer Lori Rothschild Ansaldi are to co-produce and co-host the show, the report added citing one of the people. Spotify, which has over 700,000 podcasts on its platform and reaches nearly 300 million monthly…"Spotify reaches podcast deal with Kim Kardashian West: WSJ"
– Spotify Technology SA said on Tuesday comedian Joe Rogan’s podcast will be available on the music streaming platform starting Sept. 1 and will become an exclusive later this year, sending shares 8% higher. Rogan’s podcast, “The Joe Rogan Experience,” is downloaded millions of times each month and is routinely featured among top podcasts on Apple’s charts. He has interviewed well-known politicians and businessmen on the show, including Tesla Inc Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk…"Spotify new home for Joe Rogan’s podcast, shares jump"
– Fox News Media, a unit of Fox Corp, said on Tuesday it has partnered with digital streaming services company Spotify Technology SA to distribute its podcast catalogue featuring more than 20 original series. The deal will also include three new programs slated to debut in May — “The Proud American Podcast Series” hosted by combat veteran Johnny Joey Jones, “The Trey Gowdy Podcast” with former four-term congressman Trey Gowdy and “Fox Top 5”. Spotify,…"Fox News Media ties-up with Spotify to distribute podcasts"
– Spotify Technology SA said on Wednesday it had launched a COVID-19 music relief project to raise funds for musicians as the coronavirus pandemic grounds life to a halt in most countries, while taking a toll on the economy. The music streaming platform, which had about 124 million paid subscribers, also partnered with non-profit organizations such as MusiCares and Help Musicians, a UK-based charity for musicians, it said in a statement. Spotify said apart from…"Spotify launches music relief project to help artists"